This week’s Skills classes will be covering the kipping pull up and kipping toes to bar! As a reminder, skills classes will be held on Wednesday’s at 7:30am and 6:30pm. Challenge workouts are back this week at GBCF! We will be transitioning into the next phase of our programming next week, so look forward to […]
There are a lot of sources for information pertaining to nutrition and CrossFit. We’re looking to remove some of the confusion and assist you in understanding some of your options and their pros-and-cons associated with CrossFit!
In this article we tackle the pros-and-cons of the Paleo Diet and the Whole30 Diet! Continue on to read more….
Workout of the Day:
• 30 calories on the rower or airdyne
• 30 OH lunges (45#/25) (15 on each leg) (goblet lunge)
• 30 Toes to bar (push up bridge arm march)
• 30 ring dips (ring rows)
• 30 double unders ( 90 single unders)
• 30 back extensions
• 30 pull ups (or 15 dead hang pull ups)
• 30 goblet squats (53#/35)
A. Pendlay row: 4 sets of 8 reps
B. Power snatch: 4 sets of 2 reps.
C. Kettlebell swing to eye level: 3 sets of 20
Wednesday’s Workout of the Day: Breathing Work (2 minutes) Work on developing a strong breath for deadlifting! Soft Tissue Work (4 minutes) Roll the back with a foam roller and the lower legs with a lacrosse ball! Movement Prep (2 minutes) Single leg glute bridge: 8 reps on each side! Warm-up (8 minutes) In 7 […]
Workout of the Day
3 rounds of:
15 thrusters (95#/65) (8 goblet squats, 8 pendlay rows)
15 bar facing burpees
A. Hip thrust: 4 sets of 4 reps
B. Dumbbell row: 4 sets of 8 reps
C. Bench press: 5 sets of 10 reps at 60% of 1 rep max
D. Kettlebell swings to eye level: 4 sets of 10 reps
Workout of the Day
5 rounds of:
9 hang cleans (135#/95) (kettlebell swings)
15 push ups
21 wall balls (20#/14) (goblet squats)
A. Weighted pull up: 3 sets of 5 reps
B. Dead Stop deadlift: 4 sets of 3 reps at 86% of 1 rep max
C. Landmine press: 4 sets of 6 reps
D. Back Squats: 1 set of 8 reps.
• Black: Squat Clean: 3 sets of 2 reps. Work up to a challenging weight for 2 reps. Be sure to maintain solid technique throughout work reps. Rest 2 minutes in between sets.
• Green: Goblet Squats: 4 sets of 12 reps. Choose a challenging weight for 12 reps. Rest 2:00 minutes in between sets.
• Encourage both the black and green group to work through a mobility drill of their choice in between work sets.
7 Minute AMRAP of:
• 10 push-ups (use a bench or box to modify the push-up!)
• 10 box jumps (24”/20″ – complete step ups if needed!)
Continue reading for the full class breakdown!